SolarWinds provides powerful and affordable monitoring and management software that is designed to make jobs easier for IT professionals, Managed Service Providers, and DevOps pros. Since our founding in 1999, we have delivered on this promise across the Hybrid IT infrastructure platform. We now serve over 250,000 customers, and we have grown to over $500 million in annual revenue with an organization of over 2,200 employees.
We are seeking a Commercial Data Scientist to help drive the next wave of growth for the organization. Working directly with our worldwide marketing, sales, customer success, and strategy teams, this individual will develop and operationalize statistical models impacting a wide variety of business-critical issues while continuing to build out our data and decision science capabilities in the commercial realm. We therefore are looking for a naturally curious self-starter that is eager to get his/her hands dirty in our expansive data sets and work with our business leaders to prioritize, build, test, and implement models that help answer complex questions.
* Work with functional leaders to identify and prioritize focus areas for revenue and EBITDA growth
* Build infrastructure and predictive algorithms using structured and unstructured data to drive web personalization platform
* Lead our marketing teams in building our web personalization strategy and expanding our web segmentation strategy and delivering segment-specific digital campaigns
* Develop statistical applications on platforms such as R, Python, or Spark
* Lead our international sales team in development and use of improved forecasting models
* Automate ongoing business intelligence efforts to improve team efficiency
* Work cross-functionally with our product-focused data science team (located in Cambridge, MA) to share knowledge and deploy new techniques across commercial and product areas
* Develop and manage vendor relationships related to any new or applications required to augment the analytics infrastructure
* Our ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of web analysis, customer segmentation, and predictive modeling.
* Proven ability to develop complex models and operationalize them with non-technical teams (we seek skills beyond theory)
* Ability to extract and interpret structured and unstructured data from multiple sources
* Detail oriented with strong organizational and project management skills; able to work with ambiguity, determine requirements, and create plan to meet deadlines
* Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, or computer science
* 3+ years of data analysis experience
* 3+ years of exp with common data analysis tools (e.g., SQL, Spark, Python, R)
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Graduate degree in Statistics or related mathematical disciplines
* Experience with marketing/digital analytics
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.