Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides sales services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all the major networks.
KOMO 4 TV, in Seattle, Washington, is seeking an aggressive, energetic and creative full-time Assignment Editor.
* Know the news – be plugged into what’s going on in our community
* Gather information, story updates and provide coverage input to help us serve our viewers
* Assign reporters, photographers, and other personnel to cover stories
* Assist producers, reporters, and photographers with research
* Assist in the efficient operation of the assignment desk, with the ability to work within all platforms – transmit information online and through social media
* Minimum of one (1) year of assignment desk experience
* Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
* Ability to communicate effectively
* Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
* General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
* Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
* Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter and emerging social media
* Previous use of newsroom computer systems, such as iNews which is the primary system for KOMO
* Working knowledge of court databases (such as PACER)
* A Bachelor’s degree with a major in journalism is also preferred
Apply to Sinclair Broadcast Group (News Assignment Editor)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.