Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides.
Our Princeton, NJ office is currently seeking a Research Scientist – Generative Design for our Princeton, NJ location. We are looking for a talented expert in the area of Generative Design, with focus on 3D geometric modeling and optimization. This expert will be leading our research and development activities focused at revolutionizing the state of the art in computer aided design, simulation and optimization.
* Develop innovative representations and algorithms for 3D geometric computing and CAD suitable for novel generative design techniques.
* Design and develop high performance software systems for demonstrating generative design applications.
* Advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences.
* Fast prototyping, feasibility studies, specification and implementation of algorithms and solutions.
* Working with customers to understand problem requirements and deliver high-quality solutions.
* PhD in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent relevant discipline required.
* Experience in CAD algorithm design and software development.
* Deep understanding of geometry representations, mathematical theory, data structures, algorithms and design/manufacturing systems.
* Experience in other areas such as machine learning, optimization techniques, finite element analysis is preferred.
* Hands-on coding skills and ability to quickly prototype in C/C++ is a must.
* Experience with scripting languages such as Python is a plus.
* Contribution to research communities and/or efforts, including publishing papers at conferences.
* Outstanding collaboration, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills in English a must.
* Entrepreneurial approach who is willing to accept challenges and responsibilities.
* Ability to translate complex computational terminologies in such a way that scientifically trained individuals in other disciplines can readily understand their significance.
* Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, paired with the ability to work independently and prioritize work.
Apply to Siemens (Research Scientist for Generative Design 3D)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.