Sevatec Inc., a high-technology services firm, serves the country by engaging trusted talent and leveraging technology innovation to overcome the federal government’s most pressing challenges. The company was founded in 2003 on the concept of “Seva”, which means “a commitment to serving others”. Sevatec attracts and retain trusted talent to partner with their government customers and engage in projects that serve to protect and improve the lives of Americans.
Do you want to work for a collaborative, innovative company? Sevatec, Inc. is looking for a talented Technical Writer to add to their dynamic team supporting a highly visible federal contract. The right candidate will carry a diversity of thought, a willingness to be or become multi-disciplinary, and have a desire to make a direct impact within an Agile organization. We want you to take a collaborative approach to teaming, have a mindset to operate in a DevOps environment and push the boundaries of what is possible.
* Provides comprehensive technical writing support to assist Program, Product and Project leads to maintain all program documentation.
* Gather, analyze, translate, and compose technical information into clear readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel.
* Create and maintain various project artifacts and end user documentation including functional requirements, design documents, user guides, style guides, publishing standards, etc.
* Support the development, review, and editing of new or existing documentation or artifacts for final delivery, publication, or dissemination.
* Delivering high-quality technical documentation for software application technologies
* Producing descriptions of best practices, knowledge base content, and programming examples
* May be responsible for coordinating the display of graphics and the production of the document
* Experience preparing and/or maintains systems, programming, and operations documentation, including user manuals, under general supervision.
* Maintains a current internal documentation library.
* Researches, designs, writes, edits, and proofreads technical documents prior to publication.
* Coordinates scheduling and production of all supporting technical material and manuals.
* Knowledge of word processing, page layout and design, graphics, and ability to integrate into desk-top publishing system.
* Understanding of technical and technology terms and processes.
* Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail.
* Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and make them easily understandable in for non-technical audiences through text and pictures.
* Excellent written communication skills.
* Ability to manage own work, multi-task, and prioritize; Highly organized, deadline oriented, quality focused.
* Professional training in technical writing and written communication.
* Advanced skills in MS Office; Visio
Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a Government Agency Clearance.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.