Sensient Technologies Corporation is a leading global manufacturer and marketer of colors, flavors, and fragrances. Sensient employs advanced technologies at facilities around the world to develop specialty food and beverage systems, cosmetic and pharmaceutical systems, inkjet and specialty inks and colors, and other specialty and fine chemicals.
A formulation chemist position for an experienced scientist who has worked with skin care formulations including lotions, sunscreens, serums, creams, cleansing and other skin care related products. This independent scientist will have the opportunity to contribute their skills and new ideas toward the growth of the company’s cosmetic care business.
* Formulating innovate skin care cosmetic prototypes including stability testing, troubleshooting and other activities related to formulation development.
* Developing new product concepts and sales kits to support introduction of new cosmetic skin care ingredients.
* Developing prototype formulations from scratch and improving on existing formulas.
* Create formulations intended for cosmetic skin care clinical evaluations.
* Creative problem solving.
* Interacting and collaborating with global cosmetic formulating team members.
* Handle multiple projects and deadlines.
* Adhering to cGMP quality standards, keeping a lab notebook and following lab procedures with attention to details.
* Extensive inter-departmental/inter-visional company interaction and externally with customers.
* Adherence to laboratory safety protocols.
* Some domestic and European travel will be expected
**Education & Experience:**
* A MS degree in Chemistry, Cosmetic Science or related sciences with at least 3-5 years of formulation experience or,
* A BS degree with 5+ years of experience working with skin and personal care products
**Skills & Abilities:**
* Skin care, and personal care product knowledge essential
* Essential communication (verbal, written), interpersonal, and presentation skills
* Familiarity with global regulatory skin care standards and compliance
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.