Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based customer communication platform that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 33 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
As a Product Marketing Intern at SendGrid, you will assist the Product Marketing team to strengthen our customer understanding and to expand our market reach. You will assist with market intelligence and competitive analysis—adding insight to help fuel our ability to succeed in new / existing markets. You will also assist in efforts leading to enhanced product awareness and customer retention. To encourage depth in learning throughout your internship, you will be assigned to a specific product (though you will learn about all of our offerings).
* Attend and participate in Product Marketing team meetings.
* Attend any meetings relevant to your product assignment and own the competitive analysis for assigned competitors relevant to this product. You will also conduct market analysis relevant to that product positioning — later translating these insights into messaging for our Sales team and/or website. Assist with the launch plan for any new features relevant to your product including communication with all stakeholders.
* Be the voice of the customer (VoC) and the market. Lead interviews with customers—applying empathy and listening to help us understand what our products are doing well / not so well.
* Assist with identification of key influencers, then deliver recommendations on how can we drive better awareness via partnerships with them.
* Assist with localization opportunities as we expand into international markets, helping to finetune messaging / positioning and assets
* Undergraduate student: either an incoming Senior or recent graduate
* Business and Marketing emphasis
* Has taken several upper level marketing classes, including those related to market research, positioning, and promotion
* Quantitative / analytical thinker
* Innately curious / knowledge seeker
* Strong collaboration skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Passionate about technology and marketing
* Understanding and interest in the agile product development process is a plus
* Ability and willingness to work 20+ hours / week
* We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.