RYLEM is powered by people and empowers everyone - employers, talent and our own staff consultants - to effectively solve business challenges while maintaining the human touch. From a place of high integrity and accountability, we take the deep-dive and consult from an energetic and informed position in all of our practice areas: staff augmentation, executive recruitment and consulting engagements.
* Maintain secure and confidential payroll system and files, exercise a high degree of discretion and integrity when dealing with sensitive payroll information
* Administer the time keeping system. Set up employee, validate adherence to FLSA, monitor submission of approved timesheets, and ensure valid data transfers to/from payroll system.
* Compile payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, insurance and 401(k) deductions.
* Analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll data. Uses Paylocity (processor) to produce accurate and timely payroll. Ensures compliance with applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
* Contact various department supervisors for any missed time entry or approvals.
* Take a leadership role in developing or changing payroll procedures to improve accuracy and efficiencies by evaluating process flow, proposing new procedures, assist in management education and training
* Prepares monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management.
* Prepares various journal entries, account reconciliations, and provides general ledger support.
* Maintains current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
* Stays current on payroll systems to achieve alignment with HR benefits and other related and to ensure effective accounting support.
* Minimum of 3 years experience in day to day payroll operations.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
* Ability to work effectively and constructively in a team environment.
* Knowledge in the use of payroll systems.
* Excited about an early stage company environment and driven to make a difference.
* Experience working in the Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Research & Development, or Medical Device industries preferred.
* BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance a plus
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.