Ryan Specialty Group is an international specialty insurance organization that provides innovative solutions for brokers, agents and insurance carriers. The RSG family includes a wholesale brokerage operation, RT Specialty, a collection of managing general underwriting companies, RSG Underwriting Managers (RSGUM), and a specialty insurance services provider, Ryan Direct Group (RDG).
This position would be responsible for assisting Brokers in developing, managing and sustaining profitable business by providing high level technical expertise and customer service. The individual would be responsible for managing a Broker's book of business in-house
* Assists Broker in managing the service and market placement of Broker's portfolio of commercial insurance accounts.
* Maintains cooperative and dependable relationships with retail agencies and brokerages; may make marketing calls to the agencies/brokerages on behalf of the Broker.
* May be responsible for targeted revenue goals.
* Demonstrates broad knowledge of commercial insurance coverages with insurance carriers and other markets.
* Evaluates submissions from retail insurance brokers; identifies exposures and coverage required.
* Identify appropriate markets to request quotes from based on coverage requirements.
* Follows through with market placements as agreed with Broker.
* May create submissions to insurance market selections.
* Communicates and negotiates with insurance markets and retail brokers.
* Evaluates quotes and contract provisions offered by insurance markets.
* May present competitive pricing, contract language and necessary details on quotes to retail insurance brokers and will discuss any questions and binding of quote with an agent.
* Successfully negotiates market placement of new and/or renewal business as directed by Broker; bind orders.
* Works to help ensure all documents are attached and maintained for the appropriate policy/account.
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree preferred; equivalent experience and knowledge considered.
* 5+ years of relevant experience in a commercial insurance brokerage or underwriting environment.
* Wholesale brokerage experience preferred.
* Demonstrated understanding of commercial insurance coverages and relevant forms.
* Must be licensed by appropriate state or be able to quickly obtain insurance license.
* Track record of trusted working relationships with carriers and markets.
* Highest level of customer relations and negotiating skills to effect profitable results.
* Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
* Critical attention to details.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook and Excel.
* Ability to travel as needed.
* May be required to have and maintain a valid driver's license