Headquartered in San Francisco, RideCell is on a mission to change the way people move from point A to point B. Our intelligent software platform runs new mobility services, such as carsharing, ridesharing, and other innovative transportation offerings. End-to-end integration and automation accelerate time to market, enabling RideCell customers to launch mobility services quickly, operate efficiently, and scale revenues as business grows.
We’re looking for a Director of Data Science to lead our efforts to analyze, infer, predict and reflect on a vast array of problems at Ridecell. This is an opportunity for a proven leader in the field who can synthesize deep statistical expertise with communication and vision to lead our Data Science team. In this role you’ll be leading a group of data scientists and analysts, setting vision for Data Science, and will create fundamental mathematical underpinnings of and interfacing directly with executive stakeholders.
* Understand optimization via exploratory data analysis and experimental design, our team works to understand trends and user behavior within these markets.
* Improve dispatch algorithms. Optimization algorithms are fundamental to our product.
* Work on unstructured problems that require new models and analytic infrastructure to be developed
* Work with engineering to instrument and extract needed insights for future modelling
* Model complex relationships in the presence of many confounding factors. Predictive modeling problems are everywhere across our product. Our team works to scope, design and implement machine learning models
* Leader who takes ownership and motivates others around
* 10+ years of experience in a senior management role
* Passion for leading teams, setting vision, and developing highly functioning organizations
* Expert knowledge of probability and statistics, including machine learning / predictive modeling, experimental design and optimization
* Expert SQL, Excel, and mathematical modeling skills
* Strong communication skills. Excellent Written and Verbal skills and a passion to articulate ideas in its best form
* M. S. or equivalent experience in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, or other relevant technical field. Ph. D. preferred
* Experience working on a consumer product or startup a plus
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.