Commerce RI is the official economic development organization for the state of Rhode Island.
The Financial Analyst will support the Investment Team by acting as a “utility player” with the ability to quickly assess the needs of, develop a work plan for, and excel at all tasks given regardless of previous knowledge. The overall purpose of this role is to support Commerce RI’s goal of drawing business to the area and getting Rhode Islanders.
* Evaluate applications for state business incentive investments.
* Build complex pro-forma financial models and valuation analyses, including scenario analyses.
* Develop presentations for the business incentive investment approvals process.
* Support the negotiation and closing process for all transactions and contracts.
1. **Intelligence**: The ability to acquire understanding and absorb information rapidly. A quick study.
2. **Resourcefulness**: Passionately finds ways over, around, or through barriers to success. Achieves results despite lack of resources. Goes beyond the call of duty. Shows bias for action. A results-oriented “doer.”
3. **Written Communications**: Writes clear, precise, well-organized documents using appropriate vocabulary, grammar, and word usage.
4. **Goal Setting**: Sets fair stretch goals for self and others. Encourages individual initiative.
5. **Ambition**: Desires to grow in responsibility and authority.
* Relevant professional experience in private equity, real estate, investment banking, and/or consulting.
* A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, Strategic Management, or related field is preferred.
* Outstanding MS Office skills.
* Proven working experience as an investment analyst.
* Solid understanding of financial set-up, procedures, statistics, and economics.
* Excellent investment analysis software user.
* Strong numeric skills.
* Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
* Exceptional verbal and written skills.
* Strong work ethic and willingness to work until task is completed successfully.
* Self-motivated with a passion for learning.
Apply to Rhode Island Commerce Corporation (Financial Analyst)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.