Redner's Warehouse Markets is 100% employee, American and locally owned and family oriented retail food company serving our customer's grocery needs. Our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by offering the freshest of products, the lowest prices and a no-nonsense approach to buying groceries. All of our customers are valued and we do not require you to carry any special card or join any club to get the lowest prices for your food needs.
Responsible for all store office security and proper administration of the cash office funds. To perform all Front End clerical functions and maintain the highest level of Front End customer service at all times.
**Essential Job Functions:**
* Complete the cash and sales reports daily, as well as, the weekly recap. A deposit must be done after each shift.
* Report any shortage over $50.00 immediately to the main office.
* Check and order change for the change fund.
* Prepare all bank deposits and record all data appropriately, and verify all returned bank slips.
* Responsible for verifying tills for cashiers at the beginning and the end of each shift, as well as, breaks and lunches; following cash control guidelines.
* Prepare all items for the armored car service.
* Responsible for cash handling in the office area, keeping the safe locked whenever not being used.
* Maintain and enforce the company shoplifting policy.
* Maintain and enforce the emergency code system.
* Implement emergency Front End procedures when needed.
* Conduct a master reset or master to sub master operation when necessary.
* Responsible for all reports issued form the Front End of the store (check transmittals, soda machine reports, etc.).
* Check and issue inter-store transfers.
* Maintain a NSF file and ensure proper follow-up of bad check procedures.
* Work with department managers on Front End observations.
* Maintain a void card variance check on a weekly basis.
* Abide by all regulations set forth by the USA Patriot Act and Bank Secrecy Act as it pertains to Redner’s Markets anti-money laundering program.
* Abide by all company policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
**Supplemental Job Functions:**
* Answer, screen, and route all telephone calls.
* Operate a cash register or bag groceries as needed.
* Order and maintain all office supplies from the main office.
* Conduct periodic checker reviews.
* Review and highlight the checker report to show acceptable/unacceptable performances.
* Strong oral and written communication skills for interactions with customers, employee, and vendors.
* Strong analytical and math skills for conducting accurate audits.