Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Raytheon is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to work at our Springfield location. The successful applicant will have excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of engineering design.
The applicant will work with other experienced engineers to take innovative engineering solutions from conceptualization through prototype development. The applicant will be involved in all aspects of product development including conceptualization, design, analysis, supplier development, and prototype production and testing in a cross-functional team environment. Responsibilities will include product design, engineering analysis, production drawings, and fabrication of prototype hardware.
* Minimum six (6) years of relevant technical experience in the field of Mechanical engineering (for a G09) or four (4) years of technical experience in the field of Mechanical Engineer (for an G08);
* Candidate must possess an active Top Secret security clearance
* Experience with a solid modeling CAD program, preferably Solidworks
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Project, and Powerpoint)
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to prepare written training documentation
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
* Experience with machine design, robotics, and automation
* Hands-on experience, such as machining or mechanical assembly
* Experience with mainstream finite element analysis tools as well as knowledge of finite element analysis theory
* Experience designing for and using additive manufacturing
* Experience with HVAC and/or geothermal heat transfer
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering (Masters preferred).
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.