At POET, we believe in creativity from common sense. We believe the solution to our nation's growing energy crises is not some far-flung work of science fiction. It's the domestic energy we're producing today. The people of POET are currently replacing millions of barrels of imported oil every year with clean, renewable energy. All while pumping billions of dollars back into the American economy.
The IT Plant Services Manager will oversee all aspects of computer hardware and software, information, telecommunications and networking services for POET managed plants.
Responsibilities include management of day to day IT and telecommunications support, coordination with plant vendors, service providers and locally contracted IT technicians, and establishing computer networking and telecommunications services at new business locations.
* A degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a communication-related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Degree equivalency means training and at least five years of directly related experience.
* Thorough knowledge of the principles of information technology, microcomputer hardware and software, LAN and WAN networking and telecommunications is needed to effectively carry out the principal responsibilities.
* Adaptability to business needs and providing best possible communications and computing solutions are paramount to success of POET. Establishment of new temporary business locations is varied, recognized and always accommodated.
* This position requires continuous training and access to available resources to keep current in information technologies.
* Job site construction safety, supervisory, and management skills.
* A positive attitude and excellent customer service skills.
* Knowledge in Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
* Excellent organizational skills, communications skills, the ability to multi-task, and most importantly, the ability to work well in a team.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.