At POET, we believe in creativity from common sense. We believe the solution to our nation's growing energy crises is not some far-flung work of science fiction. It's the domestic energy we're producing today. The people of POET are currently replacing millions of barrels of imported oil every year with clean, renewable energy. All while pumping billions of dollars back into the American economy.
The Operator I is responsible for the operation of all plant processing equipment in a highly automated chemical facility. Operators are required to maintain knowledge of the process flow, computerized equipment and be aware of hazards associated with the process. The team member in this position is responsible for understanding and executing standard operating procedures and is expected to ensure proper response during normal and abnormal operating situations. Additionally, operators are responsible for communicating process events to both supervisors and on-coming shift team members. Continuous plant operation requires 12-hour shift work. Team member must be able to adapt to 12-hour workdays and be able to meet call-in requirements as needed.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Experience in production environment preferred.
* Working knowledge in math, reading comprehension and mechanical reasoning required.
* Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills are required.
* Forklift certification and valid driver’s license with proof of insurance may be required.
* Knowledge in Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
* Excellent organizational skills, communications skills, the ability to multi-task, and most importantly, the ability to work well in a team.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.