(San Fernando, California)
Job Posting Details
For more than 45 years, Pharmavite has been a trusted leader in the wellness industry, recognized for providing quality vitamins, minerals and supplements under our Nature Made® brand name.
We currently are seeking a talented Production Scheduler. This key position is based in our 24/7 Manufacturing facility located in San Fernando, CA (So. CA).
Develops, evaluates, monitors, and maintains the short term manufacturing/packaging detailed schedule. Plans and schedules the detailed production at each site to meet the master schedule which is based on the Company shipment forecast, safety stocks, production goals, and customer service objectives.
* Creates the capacity constrained short term manufacturing production schedules to meet the master production schedule based on customer service needs; analyzes and communicates any capacity implications
* Develops and maintains weekly manufacturing schedules to update management on current manufacturing operations; provides management with a comparison analysis of performance to plan with detail causes of missed key performance indicators.
* Maintains detailed production schedule and coordinates with Supply Planning and various departments to establish realistic short term production schedules. Utilizes Master Production Schedule requirements to provide direction for a capacity constrained production schedule utilizing material, labor, and machine capacity within each department.
* Reviews and analyzes weekly requirements with Supply Planning and Operations for Manufacturing to meet specified schedules.
* Prepares and organizes needed documents, monitors work orders to meet specified schedules, adjusting as needed, to meet customer demand.
* Facilitates the execution of the short term schedule and monitors the performance of execution across production departments using key performance indicators such as schedule adherence.
* Researches and works with the Materials Planner to correct material shortages to avoid production shutdowns; works with Materials Planner to prioritize and expedite orders to avoid production delays and meet customer deadlines; reviews schedule adherence reports, shares outcome and takes needed action.
* Facilitates resolution of non-conforming materials disposition working cross functionally to plan and execute appropriate rework/reclaim process.
* Reviews planning messages and works with Supply Planning to manage monthly requirements exception activity.
* Produces reports and presentations for manager or director as required.
* Participates in process improvement teams. Represents Planning department in cross functional teams improving processes and increasing profitability.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requires a four-year college or university degree or its equivalent.
Supply chain certification (CPIM, APICS, etc.) preferred
Requires two to five years experience in production scheduling, capacity planning, materials and inventory planning, or a related field.
* Knowledge of supply chain concepts, capacity planning, production scheduling techniques, manufacturing process and lead times, material requirements planning (MRP), production inventory planning, inventory control procedures and their impact on operations and customer service.
* Practical skills in production scheduling and inventory strategies
* Excellent organizational skills, analytical skills and communication skills
* Proficiency with; ERP systems (JDE), Planning (Oracle based ASCP preferred) and Finite Scheduling Application and Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) systems.
* Excellent knowledge of spreadsheet software
General office environment, ability to sit for long periods of time. Ability to move about an office. Walk the production floor and interact with Manufacturing employees.
Exposure to disagreeable elements is limited.
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely in accordance with standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices, without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
Compensation and Working Conditions
Additional Notes on Compensation
Employees enjoy competitive salaries and an exceptional benefits package featuring medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, and long term disability coverage. In addition, employees enjoy educational assistance, credit union membership, etc.