Something extraordinary happens when pets and people connect. A unique bond is formed that results in something powerful, not only between pets and people, but in a way that makes the world a better place. Our promise is to nurture that relationship completely–mind and body.
Responsible for supporting and sustaining a culture in which we proactively engage and educate pet parents and help them feel confident that they are providing the best care to their pets by providing a personalized shopping experience. Promote a culture of service and trust for customers and partners.
General instruction is provided on some, but not all tasks to be performed and work is generally checked upon completion. The Sales Associate II acts as a limited resource, as a ‘key holder’ and an acting Manager on Duty (MOD) to the store and performs tasks in relation to this such as assisting at the cashier register area, covering for managers during meal and break periods, having access to the safe, etc. In addition, non-routine tasks may be assigned which may last from one to several days in length without supervisory direction or guidance.
In collaboration with the store management team, this position is responsible for driving the store’s success, through: animal and product knowledge; proactive customer engagement; keeping store clean and visually pleasing; assist management team in communication of budget/sales goals to other partners.
* Provide quick and courteous service to all customers by determining their needs and sharing product knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise to satisfy them, and by effectively employing suggestive selling techniques to increase individual sales.
* Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests.
* Independently prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes and by working with others.
* Assist with the loading, unloading, pricing, SKUing and stocking of merchandise according to operational procedures in order to ensure that the store is well stocked and that inventory counts are accurate.
* Assist with the coordination of store merchandising per instructions and ensure that all merchandise pricing is consistent with established standards.
* Provide cash register assistance as well as customer carry-out service consisting of merchandise weighing up to but not exceeding 50 pounds per trip.
* Coordinate routine housekeeping tasks as required to maintain the professional image and appearance of the store, to include sweeping/mopping the floors, dusting, washing the windows, facing the merchandise on the shelves, etc.
* Assist in the completion of quarterly and annual physical inventory counts.
* Adhere to and promote established safety procedures. Complete incident reports according to company policy as required.
* Abide by and enforce all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to those designed to minimize shrink.
* On a limited basis perform duties and assume responsibility as Manager on Duty (MOD).
* Perform all special or other projects as assigned.
**Manager on Duty (MOD) Key Accountabilities:**
- Provide quick and courteous service to all customers by utilizing the GUEST+ Model throughout the store to include the cashiers.
Ensure OSE standards are maintained throughout the store.
- On a limited basis only ensure that the store is opened and / or closed in accordance with established P&Ps.
- On a limited basis only ensure that the store is opened and/or closed in accordance with established procedures and that required paperwork, including deposit worksheets, store sales logs, supply orders, etc. as well as bank deposits of store funds are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist with evaluating staffing levels on scheduled shifts to determine and ensure appropriate staffing.
- While direct supervision is not assigned to this position, job responsibilities may include providing functional guidance to store personnel, including assignment delegation, instruction, and follow-through. Occasionally, and on a limited basis, acts in the capacity of manager when the Manager is unavailable, but does not have authority to hire, discipline or fire employees, but is responsible for advising the management team of issues that arise on shift. In addition, the General Manager may solicit primary input from a Sales Associate II regarding the performance evaluations of others.
One to two years experience preferred in retail setting. In addition to having a professional appearance and demeanor, the applicant must also demonstrate a keen and genuine passion for animals and people.
A high school diploma or G.E.D. is required. Some college coursework or college degree preferred. Applicant must be able to demonstrate mathematics proficiency and exceptional communication skills.
Apply to Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. (Sales Associate II)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.