Something extraordinary happens when pets and people connect. A unique bond is formed that results in something powerful, not only between pets and people, but in a way that makes the world a better place. Our promise is to nurture that relationship completely–mind and body.
You will help achieve store sales goals while helping to provide customers with the products they need for happy and healthy pets. We’re looking to you to provide exceptional customer service as you perform all aspects of point of sale service - cash, credit and check sales, returns and exchanges. This means offering quick and courteous response to those customers who choose to shop with us.
You will provide customer carry out service of merchandise. You may perform stocking and other housekeeping tasks in order to maintain the professional image and appearance of the store. In addition, you will participate in quarterly and annual physical inventory counts. You will also be responsible for the daily balance of your cash drawer. You may be assigned special projects as necessary.
* To provide customer service at the cash wrap area of the store. This job is composed of a variety of different tasks which may be covered by operational guidelines, and while individual judgment may occasionally be required in order to complete assigned tasks; most questions are directed to the Assistant Manager, Assistant Store Manager or General Manager.
* Provide quick and courteous service to all Petco customers. Perform all aspects of point of sale service - cash, credit and check sales, returns and exchanges.
* Provide customer carry out service of merchandise on all large bulk purchases and purchases of pet food in 20 lb. bags and larger.
* Assist in stocking and facing merchandise according to established procedures.
* Perform routine housekeeping tasks as required to maintain the professional image and appearance of the store, to include sweeping/mopping the floors, dusting, washing the windows, facing the merchandise on the shelves, etc.
* Participate in the completion of quarterly and annual physical inventory counts.
* Daily balance of cash drawer as necessary.
* Special projects as assigned.
* Ask for donations and sign ups for PALs Program
* While a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED) is generally preferred, an applicant must be able to demonstrate basic math proficiency and above average communication skills.
* Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests.
* Interest in animal welfare.
* Move merchandise up to 50 pounds.
* The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although merchandise shipments and customer carry-outs will require that an employee leave the store briefly. Because this position requires bending, kneeling, moving merchandise (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time, there may be risk of injury resulting from improper procedures.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.