PeerStreet is the leading platform for investing in real estate debt. Backed by Andreessen Horowitz and founded by real estate attorney, Brew Johnson and former Google executive, Brett Crosby, PeerStreet allows investors to easily invest in high-yield real estate loans that were historically very difficult to access. PeerStreet is secure and intuitive with an easy-to-use interface. Now, participating in these deals is as simple as buying stocks.
PeerStreet is a leading marketplace for investing in real estate backed loans. We are seeking an Business Development Associate for our Lender Business Development team. The Business Development Associate will be working in a fast-paced environment and interacting closely with originators, internal teams and various third parties involved in financing transactions.
* Conduct business development efforts to identify, recruit and onboard potential private money lenders. This includes traveling to conferences and off-site visits.
* Collect and review on-boarding due diligence materials related to potential private money lenders.
* Make a recommendation as to a prospective lender is a good fit for PeerStreet based on a review of the submitted due diligence materials.
* Assist in negotiating terms related to loan purchase, loan origination and loan participation agreements.
* Support Commercial Head of Loan Originations and Director of Business Development (Originations), as needed.
* Perform other related duties or special ad hoc projects, as assigned.
* Exercise discretion, independent problem-solving abilities to complete work assignments.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Real Estate preferred.
* Minimum 3 years of experience required in lending, real estate, finance or a related field.
* Strong analytical, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills required.
* Proficiency in Excel required.
* Ability to multitask while balancing attention to detail.
Apply to PeerStreet (Business Development Associate)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.