At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the music makers, and our employees—are at the center of our purpose and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative.
Pandora has a great opportunity for seasoned engineers with several years of diverse experience, and a passion for learning and applying new technical knowledge. You should have outstanding analytical and programming skills, with a deep understanding of large-scale application development. You should have a track record of building robust, scalable, multithreaded applications.
As a member of our highly motivated team you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility. You place a high value on automated testing and have experience writing your own unit, integration, and acceptance tests. You should be motivated to teach other engineers you work with to become better engineers themselves. Most of all, you should be engaged and excited to work with a team that’s building complex systems for tens of millions of users every day.
* Minimum 8 years of software engineering experience
* Expert level back end development with object oriented languages like Java
* Experience working with back end storage systems like SQL databases and NoSQL data stores (e.g. Postgres or Redis)
* Experience developing for Linux-based deployment platforms
* Significant experience with automated testing
* Experience building subscription, payment and billing systems at scale
* Experience building infrastructure for email campaigns, push notifications, and other marketing features to increase subscriptions
* Experience with apps store integration
* Experience working cross functionally with finance, legal, and marketing organizations
* Comfortable working across the full technology stack including front end and web applications
* Knowledge of HDFS / HIVE
Apply to Pandora (Senior Software Engineer for Pandora Subscriptions)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.