At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the music makers, and our employees—are at the center of our purpose and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative.
Want to work on retaining, engaging and growing our listener base?Pandora has a great opportunity for a seasoned software engineer with several years of diverse experience who will help deliver Pandora to millions of music fans. We are looking for someone who will own, lead, and execute projects.
You should have outstanding analytical and programming skills with a deep understanding and proven track record of building robust, scalable, multithreaded applications. As a member of our highly motivated team, you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility. We hold ourselves to high standards and take pride in our work.
* Minimum five years of professional engineering experience
* Expert level experience developing object oriented software in Java
* Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience with API development (i.e. REST, JSON, XML, SOAP)
* Significant experience developing scalable, multithreaded server side software for deployment on Linux
* Significant experience working with database systems like PostgreSQL, Redis
* Significant experience unit testing with frameworks such as JUnit
* Dedication to thorough testing and creating high quality software
* Experience with data science, machine/deep learning algorithms, natural language processing and statistical Modeling.
* Experience developing high quality software in Python
* Experience with recommender, or search systems.
* Experience with NoSQL architectures and map reduce concepts atop Hadoop, HDFS, and Hive
* Experience with Apache Spark and Kafka.
* Experience working across the full technology stack
* BA/BS or better in Computer Science or related field
Apply to Pandora (Discovery Senior Software Engineer)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.