Oportun is a financial technology company founded in 2005. Our mission is to provide affordable loans to US Latinos and others with limited credit history so they can establish credit and build a better future. Oportun uses advanced data analytics and technology to “score” and lend money to individuals with limited credit history – people other lenders consider “unscorable.”
We are continuing to grow our Front-end Engineering team. We’re looking not only for a proven engineer, but for a great team member--someone who is comfortable working with our product, platform, and design teams to bring the next step in our company vision to life.
In our team, we put a high degree of trust in our leaders to deliver against the commitments we make to each other and to our business partners. Therefore, you’ll need to demonstrate a high degree of accountability, the ability to spot a problem + own it to resolution and the ability to inspire others to cross the finish line strong.
**What Are We Looking For In An Ideal Candidate**
* Desire for quick-iteration--working closely with design and product teams to make incremental and impactful enhancements to the frontend
* Flexibility to work on multiple projects at once
* Experience with responsive web design (knowing what media queries are, for example, and when to use them)
* A passion for quality design, and pixel-perfect implementation.
* Comfortable using the Atlassian tools to track your tasks and code (JIRA/Bitbucket)
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent
* 5+ years (or more) experience shipping quality frontend code
* 3 year’s experience with leading frontend frameworks like Angular.js or Backbone, etc.
* Experience contributing front-end code to a publicly available, consumer-focused web application.
* Experience with REST-based APIs
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.