Omitron is an Aerospace Engineering and Information Technology small business firm headquartered in Beltsville, Maryland with a field office located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Since 1984 Omitron has provided excellence in engineering services and product development to government and industry customers for both civilian and military aerospace programs.
Omitron is seeking a candidate for a full-time position as an IT/ Network Systems Administrator supporting the FDSS-II Contract in the Flight Dynamics Facility (FDF). The FDF is a real-time mission control center, which provides continual support to 30+ spacecraft, in addition to launch support.
* General Systems Administration support including: supporting the configuration of new hardware, managing network storage and backups, provide system monitoring, providing IT support and troubleshooting for 75+ user desktops and/or laptops, and resolving issues with servers and Network equipment as problems arise
* Track and periodically refreshing hardware including: coordinating part replacement with vendors; coordinating refresh schedules with team, management, and end users; and installing new hardware
* Provide maintenance support for system and use software including: coordinating the installation of new operating systems, maintaining vendor service agreements, and troubleshooting user system software issues, as problems arise
* Document local operating procedures, as needed
* Assist with the development of operational process improvements from the systems administration perspective
* Generate project schedules and project plans for more long-term projects
* Candidate must possess excellent troubleshooting skills and a fundamental understanding of network technologies, operating systems, software packages and best practices. Required experience includes:
* Expertise in Client/Server environment
* Windows Server and Desktop Environments
* RedHat/Linux Environment
* Remote desktop protocol and VPN
* Software skills include:
* Power Shell Scripting
* Batch Scripting
* WSUS Management
* Software Deployment
* Candidate should be capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously.
* Candidate must be able to evaluate needs and suggest solutions in planning for system upgrades.
* Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working with users to resolve hardware and software issues.
BS degree in relevant field (Computer Science, Math, Engineering) and at least 5 years of experience as a Systems Administrator
* VMware Certified Professional (VCP – Cloud)
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate/Expert (MCSA/E)
* Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH)
* CompTIA Linux+/Security+
* RedHat Certified Systems Administrator/Engineer (RHCSA/E)