Omitron is an Aerospace Engineering and Information Technology small business firm headquartered in Beltsville, Maryland with a field office located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Since 1984 Omitron has provided excellence in engineering services and product development to government and industry customers for both civilian and military aerospace programs.
Omitron has a position open for a Senior Systems Engineer. This position will assist the Analysis Group Lead and Chief Engineer supporting the NASA Robotic Conjunction Assessment Risk Analysis (CARA) project. This team is responsible for protecting 60 spacecraft from threats posed by other space objects including NASA, DoD, NOAA and other agencies’ assets. This includes the identification of close approaches (Conjunction Analysis), screenings to determine the risk(s) posed by a given conjunction event (Risk Assessment), and the planning and execution of any risk mitigation strategies (Collision Avoidance).
* Research and literature surveys
* Analyses, trade studies, and engineering studies
* Analysis work plan development
* Prototype development and numerical validation
* Technical presentations and papers documenting approaches and results
* Staff development planning and mentoring
* Experience with orbit determination and propagation
* Experience with uncertainty estimation, propagation, and realism
* Experience with perturbation theory
* Experience with the Space Surveillance Network tasking and tracking
* Experience with conjunction assessment (CA), CA risk assessment, and CA risk mitigation
* Knowledge of statistics, probability theory, and stochastic processes
* Experience with Matlab and associated toolboxes
* Experience with higher order software development languages
* Must have excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
* Ability to apply problem solving methodologies to complex & ambiguous problems
**Required Degree & Experience:** Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics is required plus 7 years’ experience; advanced/graduate degree highly desirable
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.