Omitron is an Aerospace Engineering and Information Technology small business firm headquartered in Beltsville, Maryland with a field office located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Since 1984 Omitron has provided excellence in engineering services and product development to government and industry customers for both civilian and military aerospace programs.
Omitron is seeking a highly qualified candidate to provide navigation expertise in support of NASA’s Flight Dynamics Facility (FDF). This facility provides operations support to 30+ satellites in various orbital regimes, identifies tracking data anomalies, certifies ground stations, provides launch and early orbit support, and performs advanced navigation analyses. Spacecraft supported include the upcoming launch of James Webb Space Telescope (JWST), Magnetospheric Multiscale (MMS), Tracking and Data Relay Satellite System (TDRSS), Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO), and STEREO, among many others.
* Overseeing and conducting navigation-related analyses, introducing new technologies and/or techniques to the FDF
* Documenting and communicating analysis work via technical conference papers, journal publications, as well as informal forums with the navigation team and associated customers
* Providing senior-level leadership and mentoring of junior technical staff
* Providing launch and early orbit navigation support
* Performing and enhancing daily orbit determination and prediction
* Participating in tracking network validation, calibration, and/or certification of ground stations
* Experience in orbit determination for a variety of orbit regimes
* Thorough understanding of both batch and Kalman estimators
* Proven expertise with orbit determination tools such as ODTK and STK
* Ability to apply problem solving methodologies to complex & ambiguous problems
* Must have excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
* Experience utilizing GPS, Space Network, Near Earth Network, and/or Deep Space Network observation types
* Experience with orbit determination tools such as FreeFlyer, Goddard Trajectory Determination System (GTDS), and GEODyn
* Experience in a spacecraft operations environment
* Experience developing tools in Matlab, Perl, Python, and/or Fortran
* Experience with Windows and Linux environments
* 7+ years professional experience, with ever increasing responsibilities.
* Master’s degree counts as 2 years professional experience.
* Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics.
* Master’s degree desired.
Apply to Omitron (Senior Satellite Navigation Engineer)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.