Native Hawaiian Veterans is a Native Hawaiian Owned, Service Disabled Veterans Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), SDB, UDBE, MBE, SBA 8(a) Company that provides services, solutions, and products in the areas of Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Information Technology, Communication Equipment, Professional Staff Augmentation, Munitions and Explosives of Concern (MEC) Remediation, and Strategic Communications/Creative Services.
- Administer UNIX and Microsoft Windows servers supporting Intranet, Internet, email, and application services.
- Install, load, and configure workstations of all kinds Troubleshoot workstation failures and accessibility problems.
- Perform workstation software upgrades and migration to new workstation operating systems.
- Perform information system security functions (including managing system security plans)
- Drafts Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for help desk operations.
- Monitor system performance and track usage, develop and deliver a trend analysis of system load, usage and response.
- Perform system security functions (including system security plans).
- Perform low level system engineering and integration functions.
- Help train other information technology professionals.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
**EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE**
- Minimal Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Computer Networking or related technical discipline and 2 years work experience
- Equivalent Education and Experience:
- High School/GED and 4 years experience
- Bachelor's Degree and 1 year experience
- Two years of experience supporting Microsoft Windows
- Active Directory Administration experience in Windows 2000, 2003 or 2008
- Administrative experience with Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 desktop support .
- Ability to obtain certification within one year:
- Security+ certification,
- And one of the following certifications:
- Microsoft Certified System Technology Specialist (MCTS)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA)
- Demonstrate sufficient knowledge and experience to appropriately apply a methodology to projects that have reasonably well-defined project requirements and deliverables.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and SharePoint.
- Ability to establish working relations at all organizational levels. Demonstrate ability to diplomatically and effectively deal with Government officials and program office stakeholders.
- Self-motivator with ability to work as part of a team or independently with little supervision or direction.
- Professional oral and written presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and effective problem-solving skills.
Apply to Native Hawaiian Veterans (Help Desk Specialist)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.