We began primarily a U.S.-based equities exchange. Today, Nasdaq is recognized around the globe as a diversified worldwide financial technology, trading and information services provider to the capital markets, with more than 3,500 colleagues serving businesses and investors from over 50 offices in 26 countries across six continents – and in every capital market.
Provides various office and location support activities. Identifies, enhances and follows specific processes and procedures to maximize the efficiencies of the business to which the support is being provided; ensures the correct functioning of facilities, office and / or business support services. Provides secretarial/administrative support to employees or groups in the organization.
* Provides administrative support for a senior leader or multiple senior leaders; may serve as a backup for other executive administrative assistants.
* May read, research, and route correspondence for senior leaders and prepare draft letters/e-mails and correspondence.
* Efficient in business software and business systems processes and approvals.
* Maintains appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, agendas, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
* Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answers or directs inquiries.
* Maintains leader, customer and employee confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
* May work directly with vendors and customers’ on-behalf of the executive.
* Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies. Manages expense reporting.
* Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment while supporting the highest levels of the organization
**Education, Professional accomplishments, and Certifications:**
* Education Required: Minimum Bachelor’s degree preferred
* Experience Required: 0 to 2 years
**Skills, Requirements and Competencies:**
* Has developed proficiency in a range of processes or procedures through job-related training and considerable on the job experience.
* Applies experience and skills to complete assigned work within own area of expertise.
* Acts as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience.
* Works within defined processes and procedures or methodologies and may help determine the appropriate approach for new assignments.
* Has limited impact on own work team; works within standardized procedures and practices to achieve objectives and meet deadlines as described by supervisor.
* Exchanges straightforward information, asks questions and checks for understanding.
* Completes basic, routine tasks according to project plans and timelines.
* Asks questions and shares relevant information to complete tasks in a timely fashion.
* Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures when completing responsibilities.
* Establishes professional rapport with management, co-workers and customers while being sensitive to their needs.
* Actively listens and displays knowledge and teamwork.
* Gathers and organizes information according to NASDAQ standards.
* Completes basic, assigned tasks, learning areas where personal initiative can be taken.
* Completes routine activities in a timely manner.
* Demonstrates understanding of how own work activities contribute to team projects.
* Takes action independently, without being prompted.
* Learns to take responsibility and ownership for own tasks, decisions and outcomes.
* Sets basic goals and responsibilities.
* Begins to identify high priority assignments independently.
* Multi-tasks by balancing a broad range of activities simultaneously.
* Proactively meets basic requirements needed for daily tasks in advance.
* Delivers clear and articulate messages.
* Makes basic changes to messages and delivery method depending on the audience.
* Prepares basic documents and presentations.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.