Namely is an all-in-one platform that manages all HR data in one place, with personalized service to help companies get better and faster.
Namely give companies the software and support they need to evolve their company cultures It has evolved along with company needs. They handle administration and compliance across HR, payroll, time, and benefits, so HR teams can focus on developing their people and providing a great employee experience.
As the Controller, you’ll oversee the general accounting function, which includes all facets of managing revenue, billing, collections, expense management, account reconciliations, financial reporting in compliance with GAAP. You will be accountable for documenting accounting policies and ensuring internal controls are in place and compliant with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX). You will partner with the Financial Planning and Analysis team to create and manage budget and forecasts.
* Oversee all accounting related tasks including general ledger, monthly close, internal and external reporting and financial audits in compliance with US GAAP
* Review all upcoming changes to GAAP, prepare analysis, technical accounting memorandum and ready the company to execute on the changes
* Establish and execute accounting policies, procedures and internal controls including assistance with company SSAE 16 process
* Own the revenue and cash flow cycles, including billing operations and expense management
* Identify insights to inform optimal business decisions and financial planning including but not limited to managing line of credit, term debt and bank compliance
* Assess, implement and maintain accounting systems and tools aimed at driving efficiencies
* Identify insights to inform optimal business decisions and financial planning
* Prepare monthly report of financial results to VP of Finance and CEO
* Prepare financial reports and analysis used for board reporting on a quarterly basis
* Strong skills in developing and maintaining managerial (cost accounting) process and reports
* Assist the VP of Finance with income tax and other compliance related matters
* Responsible for control over the flow of funds in Namely’s payroll business
* Ready the company for IPO and SEC reporting
* Recruit, hire and retain top accounting talent for the Accounting team
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Masters Degree preferable
* Certified Public Accountant
* Minimum of 10 years of finance and accounting experience, with at least five years at a Big-Four accounting firm
* Previous experience at a SaaS company with revenues over $25m
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
* Extensive knowledge of technical accounting matters including GAAP, revenue recognition and Sarbanes-Oxley
* Proven ability in implementing accounting processes, financial controls and related systems
* Strong people management experience with ability to lead and develop high-performing teams in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to lead the company though annual financial audit from big four accounting firm
* Ability to work across the organization at all levels
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.