MZ, previously known as Machine Zone, is a privately held technology company based in Palo Alto, California, founded in 2008. Its flagship product, RT platform is a real-time messaging and analytics platform for managing real time data streams.
As a member of the Data Science team, you will develop and investigate hypotheses, structure experiments and build mathematical models to identify game optimization points that will encourage users to play our games more often, over longer periods of time, resulting in higher lifetime values. We are looking for a sharp, disciplined, and highly quantitative individual who has a passion for mobile gaming, data mining and mathematical modeling. We are building a unique technology platform dedicated to the operation and real-time optimization of free to play games.
* Build mathematical models and automated machine learning tools to analyze and optimize all aspects of MZ Game Studio games, providing actionable insights in real-time
* Understand the competitive marketplace, business issues, and data challenges in order to deliver actionable insights, recommendations, and business processes
* Design and implement experiments to test various hypothesis
* Work in a collaborative team environment with other highly skilled specialists in gaming, statistics, machine learning, and engineering
* Influence development teams to implement tools, features and/or designs - success is measured in % monetizing, retention, time spent in the game, and lifetime value
* Research new modeling algorithms, languages, packages, and statistical tools to enhance the overall productivity of the team
* Drive and lead data science related products
* Bachelor's or higher in Applied Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field. Graduate degrees preferred
* 5+ years of experience in quantitative analysis, specific experience with social games or mobile apps strongly preferred
* Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving ability
* Solid understanding of statistical modeling / predictive analysis/ machine learning / data mining / recommender system concepts
* Proficient with Hadoop and Spark
* Proficient with Python or Scala for model development under Spark
* Proficient with R, Python or equivalent for data modeling and analysis
* Proficient with SQL
* Strong product sense, exceptional in project management, strong presentation and communication skills
* Ability to prioritize and track multiple projects in parallel
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.