MZ, previously known as Machine Zone, is a privately held technology company based in Palo Alto, California, founded in 2008. Its flagship product, RT platform is a real-time messaging and analytics platform for managing real time data streams.
MZ Game Studio is seeking a highly skilled senior engineer to join our client engine team. Qualified candidates will be responsible for developing the core technologies that drive our next-gen game engine. This person works closely with our team lead to define architectural vision for the engine and ensure that all code reinforces the conceptual integrity of that vision. Qualified candidates must be proficient in writing highly optimized, extensible and maintainable code under aggressive deadlines.
* Produce high quality, well-documented code promoting modularity, extensibility and performance
* Define the technical specifications and APIs required by various subsystems interacting within a complex architecture
* Perform code reviews for peers
* 5+ years of expert level C++ experience
* Strong background in computer science fundamentals, design patterns, algorithms and data structures
* Exceptional problem solving and debugging skills
* Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Shipped multiple titles, preferably including console / PC
* Familiarity with mobile (iOS and Android) environments, tools, and processes is preferred
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.