Monogram Foods is a privately held manufacturer and marketer of precooked bacon, corn dogs, beef & bacon jerky, hot dogs, sausages, pet treats, gourmet foods, and frozen appetizers. With the Company’s Support Center in Memphis, TN, Monogram operates 8 processing plants employing over 2500 team members.
The principal function of this position is to assist the Plant Engineer in the management, supervision, and execution of all plant operations.
* Supervision and guidance of maintenance department personnel so that they understand their role and function effectively as a support unit of production.
* Coordinate with all departments on Maintenance Engineering Production issues.
* Manage, mentor, and continually develop department supervisors and crew.
* Schedule, implement, and document Maintenance Engineering activity on plant equipment.
* Determine opportunities and select methods for optimizing or upgrading existing equipment.
* Implement system installations to minimize production downtime and improve safety, while being cost efficient.
* Manage building systems maintenance and repairs to provide superior employee comfort, safety, and productivity.
* Inspect construction and installation process.
* Coordinate projects with maintenance staff.
* Follow and enforce safety procedures.
* Supervise and train maintenance staff including organizing/prioritizing/scheduling preventative maintenance work assignments.
* High school diploma and relevant years of experience is required. Associate’s and/or Bachelor’s degree in a technical field is preferred
* Minimum of 5 years of industrial maintenance and electrical experience, PLC and food manufacturing industry experience is preferred
* Minimum of 2 years of experience managing a maintenance team within a manufacturing environment
* Strong electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and troubleshooting experience
* Ability to bring a maintenance team together, develop junior level maintenance technicians and work in a team environment within a diverse workforce
* Strong sense of job ownership/accountability with effective verbal and written communication skills
* Must be flexible and able to work overtime and weekends when required
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.