Milwaukee Tool is an industry-leading manufacturer of heavy-duty power tools, accessories and hand tools for professional users worldwide.
The Repair Technician will perform repair and/or service work of Company products in accordance with prescribed procedures. The job requires using a variety of hand tools and small power tools to take apart and repair the customer tools. Each repair tech has a computer to review Tool Service Bulletins, pack out instructions for reconditioned tools and parts or tools collected for Quality Engineering.
* Perform all of the necessary repairs
* Read and comprehend repair order information and parts schematics.
* Diagnose the tool by performing a complete function test.
* Perform complete function test to confirm the tool is repaired properly
* Complete the information on the repair order form
* Work involves disassembly of units, diagnosis of operating difficulty, location and replacement of worn or defective parts within times in accordance with work instructions.
* Assist in other areas of the cell as needed such as material handle, 5’s projects, stock shelves, pack items to ship to QE, etc
* Make decisions as to feasibility of repairs.
* Keep records of parts used and provide data for billing and/or warranty information.
* Recognize and report operational irregularities and defective materials.
* Set up and perform electrical and mechanical tests to insure product's repair and/or work performed is in conformance with prescribed quality standards.
* Work from parts sheets, specifications and drawings.
* Perform prescribed inspections.
* Technician may also be asked to complete shipping and receiving duties.
* Under supervision of the Lead Technician make recommendations as to warranty liability and any unusual repair problems.
* Work is subject to in process and final inspection.
* Responsible for quality of work, safety and housekeeping in assigned area.
* Perform miscellaneous tasks as directed.
* Requires an education equivalent to high school diploma or GED
* Must have mechanical skills and diagnostic skills
* High attention to detail
* Basic computer and writing skills
* One year of mechanical or electrical work experience or equivalent education
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.