Milwaukee Tool is an industry-leading manufacturer of heavy-duty power tools, accessories and hand tools for professional users worldwide.
The Business Intelligence Developer will develop and deliver accurate information to the business units in support of key initiatives and company strategy. This position is also responsible for optimizing and maintaining existing data extraction and data sets as well as enhancing current processes. He/she ensures that end users’ requirements are understood and translated into actionable data deliverables. The data is extracted from multiple source systems (Microsoft AX, HiJump and others) , cleansed into a usable format utilizing TimeXtender and delivering data to the end users via several tools such as PowerPivot. The ideal candidate will have a systems background and extensive experience with data extraction, scripting, data modeling, configuring, developing and supporting Business Intelligence solutions. Serves as a technical advisor for the design, implementation and maintenance of computer systems and/or programs related to the ETL of data into the Business Intelligence environments. Prepare project estimates and capable of presenting to upper management for review and approval. Provide on–call escalation support of systems as required. Capable of participating in and delivering results in multiple concurrent development projects. Collaborates directly with project leaders and end users to determine best long term system solutions. Provides updates to BI Management and BI team as required. May act as a mentor.
* Experience with high performance SQL Reporting Services are required. Experience with SQL Server 2012/2016, programming practices and related tools like a SQL Management Studio, SQL Server Data Tools (SSIS and SSAS), Query Analyzer and Profiler is required.
* Define and prepare advanced data delivery designs and provide development support to leverage technology investments to support business needs.
* Provide estimates for development.
* Understand and identify the correct resources to help define and validate both requirements and specifications
* Actively participate in the data quality improvement process by making recommendations to simplify data structures and improve information quality
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise
* Proactively identify opportunities for system and process improvement.
* Collaborate with the business to gather and define the business requirements, business definitions, process flows to create business intelligence solutions
* Publish, distribute, and ensure sign-off of the requirements documents and controls all changes through a formalized change request process
* Create models to identify, validate, document, and communicate requirements and organize them into a comprehensive and understandable state to ensure that the client understands both the requirements and the results of changes to the system
* Create and manage enterprise documentation, change controls, and communicate with clients and PM to clarify, translate, and validate requirements
* Provide after-hours support as needed.
* Work with database team to optimize database performance of queries and ETL processes.
* Maintain technical documentation on objects and design within the BI environment
* Monitor daily data load process
* Support other functional areas of the BI group as needed
* Contribute to development of BI data warehouse
* Administer permissions and job scheduling
* Ability to commit to off-hour assistance and overtime required (evening/weekends) as necessary per project and solving production issues
* Perform data analysis and data profiling against source systems and data warehouse
* Test solutions to validate whether requirements have been met; develop test plans, test scripts, and test conditions based on the business and system requirements
* Provide end-user support in post-deployment phases; assess and evaluate all feedback to ensure that the requirements necessary to correct issues are addressed.
* Design and build ETL packages using TimeXtender procedures
* All other duties as assigned
* Bachelors degree in Information Technology preferred or 10 years in information and analytics function.
* 5+ years of experience with Microsoft BI tools
* Be a self-starter and have the aptitude for understanding complex BI reporting requirements
* Knowledge of database design, master data management and data warehouse concepts
* Have the ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects
* Strong troubleshooting, analytical and creative problem solving skills
* Be a strong “Brand Ambassador” for BI
* Possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
* Experience using TimeXtender a plus
* Ability to express ideas effectively, verbally, and in writing
* Significant depth of expertise and track record of accomplishments in multiple IT technology areas.
Apply to Milwaukee (Business Intelligence Developer)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.