Milwaukee Tool is an industry-leading manufacturer of heavy-duty power tools, accessories and hand tools for professional users worldwide.
The Advanced Quality Engineer provides quality engineering services to cross-functional project teams which include New Product Development, Product Support, and Value Engineering. Project team members are led by a Project Leader and include Engineering, Marketing, Purchasing, Quality, and Manufacturing. Primary duties are to lead and direct the quality activities of project teams to successfully meet Project Quality Objectives as well as project goals including Time-To-Market, Cost, and Performance.
**Product Reliability -60%**
* Collaborate with Engineering and Marketing to translate customer needs into product requirements and specifications.
* Support the product design process including benchmarking and testing of concepts & prototypes.
* Develop and execute test procedures to validate product specifications and ensure Quality and Reliability readiness.
* Lead Risk Assessments (Design and Manufacturing) during the product development cycle.
* Perform failure analysis and recommend solutions with corrective action, as required.
* Proactively seek out quality improvements for new and existing products.
**Product Quality – 40%**
* Coordinate quality planning activities such as auditing, inspection, and control plans (incoming, in-process and outgoing) that drives user need CtQ requirements through product specifications and into manufacturing processes.
* Collaborate with US, European, and Asian based manufacturing and supplier representatives to ensure operational readiness of new product launches.
* Participate in the evaluation and selection of suppliers.
* BS Degree in Metallurgical, Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical Engineering or educational equivalent.
* 2+ years related experience.
* Experience with new product commercialization processes emphasizing design, manufacturing, quality, test or reliability activities.
* Strong cross-functional communication skills working within a matrix organization.
* Able to plan and manage resources.
* Relevant experience with qualitative and analytical statistical tools such as:
* Pugh Matrix, Quality Function Deployment, Critical To Quality Matrix, FMEA
* Analytical Statistics – Cp/CpK, ANOVA, DOE, Measurement Systems Analysis, etc
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.