Meredith Corporation (NYSE:MDP) is a leading multi-channel media company that reaches more than 100 million women, including three out of four American Millennial women, through digital, video, mobile and social media platforms, magazine brands, and broadcast television. We provide consumers with the high-quality, entertaining and informative content they seek, while powerfully delivering the messages of our advertising and marketing partners.
The Sr Digital Business Analyst will act as a strategic partner to the digital teams in support of understanding audience behavior on Meredith Digital’s brand properties, and the Martha Stewart brand in particular. As part of a larger Audience Insights team of web analysts, you will work closely with business stakeholders to translate behavioral/engagement, conversion, competitive, and demographic data into analysis and actionable insights they can use to reach their business goals. You will contribute to the rigorous data and insights discipline that sets Meredith Digital apart from its competitors. You will help business stakeholders identify and understand the key metrics that contribute to their goals, and contribute to our digital brands’ success. You will contribute to the leadership and direction of the BI Audience Insights team, and learn and share best practices in web analysis, SEO, and digital user experience.
* Developing an understanding of business questions and brand goals, and building ad-hoc and automated reporting to help monitor key metrics, trends, and performance to goals.
**40%Analysis & Strategy:**
* Developing analysis and recommendations for business stakeholders via presentations, reports, or possibly utilizing visualization tools. Analysis may include digital engagement, campaign performance, conversion funnels, forecasting, competitive research, and pro-actively finding opportunities for optimization.
**20%Data Enrichment & Governance:**
* Implementing and enhancing data capture across our sites, and ensuring high data quality.
* Showing ownership over business problems and requests until resolution. Displaying an understanding of the business’ priorities, and applying that prioritization to your own work. Mentoring colleagues’ professional development in technical skills and industry best practices.
* Bachelor’s Degree preferred, particularly degrees in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Digital Marketing or Business Administration, or equivalent training and/or experience.
* 5+ years of web analysis experience is required.
* Advanced experience with Google Analytics, Omniture, or similar web analytics tool, and experience presenting insights from these to business stakeholders.
* Ability to express analytical concepts effectively: in person, in writing or visually as needed.
* Advanced analytical and organizational skills.
* Advanced experience with spreadsheet tools like Excel.
* Intermediate experience with presentation tools like Powerpoint.
* Experience with data-focused languages and tools like SQL, Python, R, or Access.
* Experience with applying data analytics, statistics, or forecasting to business problems.
* Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of data knowledge.
* Ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and as an individual contributor.
* Experience managing team members.
* Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau.
* Experience with formatting and cleaning up large sets of raw data before it’s ready for reporting and analysis.
* Experience with ecommerce, digital marketing, or web/app development.
* Experience with ad-serving tools including Google Adwords, DART, Atlas, or Real Media.
Apply to Meredith (Senior Digital Business Analyst)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.