Meredith Corporation (NYSE:MDP) is a leading multi-channel media company that reaches more than 100 million women, including three out of four American Millennial women, through digital, video, mobile and social media platforms, magazine brands, and broadcast television. We provide consumers with the high-quality, entertaining and informative content they seek, while powerfully delivering the messages of our advertising and marketing partners.
Photojournalist shoots and edits video of various news events and edits tape of stories/pictures for daily news broadcasts and the station’s website(s). This position shoots stories in a compelling and brand-focused way to attract the largest audience available to the station’s newscasts. This position also posts text, video, and still images in a way that increases page views for the station website(s) and creates excitement across the station’s social media platforms.
- Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
* 40% Gathers information and images in the field. Records moving video and takes still pictures. Interviews newsmakers on and off camera. Determines appropriate lighting for all video/picture platforms.
* 25% Edits stories for all media platforms. Maintains working knowledge of AVID software.
* 20% Operates/drives live ENG trucks, SUV news vehicles, and all related broadcast equipment. Sets-up ENG truck as assigned with complete knowledge and in accordance with Meredith live truck safety procedures and issues. Maintains clean driving record in accordance with Meredith Driver Fleet Safety Policy.
* 15% Works collaboratively with Digital Content Editors on digital news content assignments.
* High School diploma or equivalent required. College degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or equivalent preferred.
* Minimum two years experience shooting daily news stories and special projects for a commercial television station.
* Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to lift and carry 40-100 pounds.
* Ability to work a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends.
* Excellent video photography and editing skills.
* Ability to shoot and edit with speed, efficiency, and creativity in a newsroom or field environment
* Ability to maintain all assigned equipment in excellent working condition.
* Ability to produce high quality news stories for use across all content platforms.
* Must have a valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.