At Mayvenn, we are creating the future of salon retail - one hairstylist at a time. Our mission is to empower hairstylists and salon professionals while changing the way people purchase hair extensions and interact with hair companies.
At Mayvenn Visual Designers capture the spirit, essence, and energy of the Mayvenn brand infusing it into every piece of storytelling and communication they create. Working within an internal agency setting the Jr. Designer contributes to the development and creation of a broad array of marketing collateral, primarily in the digital medium and occasionally print. Our ideal candidate is a self-starting, well organized, team player that can flourish in a deadline driven, internal agency environment. Beyond pushing pixels the Jr. Designer will collaborate with other Designers, the Art Director, Content Strategist, and Creative Director to execute and deliver on-brand creative assets on-time. The ideal candidate will have a strong design aesthetic, digital and mobile design experience, Creative Suite expertise, web or HTML email knowledge, and unparalleled attention to detail.
* Collaborate with creative team members and the larger project teams to explore concepts and iterate on creative executions
* Create original designs based on existing templates, adhering to design principles in established layouts and form factors
* Create adaptations of original designs for different devices, locales, and environments
* Articulate ideas and be clearly understood by creative and cross-functional team members
* Maintain digital file structure in-line with established standards to keep work organized so it may be easily shared and modified by others
* Review and output final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, and typography are flawless
* Provide build-ready design files in a timely manner while meeting quality standards
* 0-2 years experience designing for digital experiences
* Proficiency in the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, proportion, rhythm, emphasis, and unity.
* A natural collaborator
* Excellent typography sensibilities and skills
* Excellent grasp of color theory and application
* Highly proficient in industry standard design tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite - specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
* Full grasp or working experience with Mac os
* Ability to deliver quality design at high volume in a tight timeframe
* Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, creative workplace
* Experience in photography post-production techniques is a plus!
* Mobile commerce experience is a plus!
* Fluency in HTML and CSS is a plus!
* Agency experience is a plus!
* Beauty industry experience is a plus!
* BA/BFA in Graphic Design/New Media or equivalent experience
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.