In 2000, Teach for America alumnus and Yale graduate Zeke Vanderhoek had a radical idea: students learn better from better teachers. His vision of what test prep could be if taught by great educators led him to assemble a team of highly qualified teachers, recruiting only those with 99th percentile scores and substantial teaching experience. And with them, Manhattan Prep was born.
We’re seeking one full (40 hrs/wk) employee to join our Media Production team. You’ll work with our Curriculum and Marketing teams to develop on-demand video lessons and promotional videos. You’ll be our resident expert on all things animation, and you’ll dabble in a bit of everything, helping us take projects from pre-to-post production.
* Educate our students and communicate brand messages with animation.
* Stay on top of industry technical and aesthetic trends and keep the look of our animated content relevant.
* Create illustrations, informational graphics, character animations, and motion graphics with the Adobe Creative Suite.
* Shoot and edit video, record and process audio, create motion graphics, correct and grade color, and export audio and video using Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
* Build interactive video lessons and activities using Articulate Storyline.
* Assume the active role of a student and collaborate with instructors.
* Review teammates’ work, making suggestions for improving instructional content and storytelling.
* Take creative ownership of your work and your team’s projects.
* Assist with motion graphics for web content as needed.
* Organize project files.
* You think critically, sweat the details, solve problems, and meet deadlines.
* You collaborate well with teammates, accept constructive criticism with an open mind, and challenge assumptions.
* You reflect on and improve your working methods and habits, and you are excited to broaden your skillset as a jack-of-all trades digital media producer.
* You might be a seasoned freelancer who wants to transition to a more consistent schedule, learn other parts of the production process, and join a creative team.
* You might be a new college graduate with an excellent portfolio.
**Skills & Experience:**
* Bachelor’s Degree
* 0-2 years of relevant experience and/or portfolio demonstrating the skills we want to hear.
* Experience in Adobe Premiere and After Effects is required.
* Adeptness with Cinema 4D or Autodesk Maya is a plus.
Apply to Manhattan Prep (Media Production Associate / Animator)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.