Lithium delivers awesome digital customer experiences at scale for the world’s biggest brands including Airbnb, AT&T, Sephora and Spotify. Comprising Social Media Management and Communities, the Lithium engagement platform enables brands to manage multiple digital touchpoints, facilitate millions of conversations, and drive smarter decisions through data – connecting customers, content and conversations at the right digital moment.
As a key member of the Corporate Controller’s team, this position is responsible for executing monthly close procedures, account reconciliations, and financial analysis and reporting activities for various areas of the Company’s financials.
* Ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls for assigned areas
* Execute monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables as per close calendar
* Perform timely account reconciliations to ensure integrity and accuracy of the accounting records
* Provide analysis on financial results (actual vs. budget, trends, and performance metrics).
* Ensure that transactions are accurately and timely reflected in the financial statements
* Assist with the preparation and maintenance of monthly, quarterly and annual operational results and financial information, and other governmental reporting requirements
* Update, maintain and publish internal financial reports
* Assist with the execution of quarterly reviews and year-end financial audits
* Assist finance and the operating business units with accounting and reporting related matters
* Perform chart of accounts maintenance including creation and termination of new accounts, departments, entities, etc., migration to new departmental or other structures, maintenance of reporting rollup groups and structures
* Recommend and assist to develop financial systems solutions and requirements for new or enhancements to existing applications
* Drive to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and financial reporting process
* Ad-hoc projects as necessary
* Degree in accounting or finance
* Minimum of five years of experience in accounting related functions
* CPA or equivalent experience a plus
* Accounting experience in a multi-national or publicly-traded company a plus
* Strong financial systems background (Netsuite a plus)
* Ability to mine, manipulate and analyze large quantities of data (Excel, Access, SQL)
* Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail a must
* Ability to effectively interact, verbally and in writing, with functional department managers
* Ability to work independently and to be flexible in changing work priorities
* Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
* Possess superior time management and organizational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple schedules based on individual preference and guidelines
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.