* Review daily production performance (Morning Reports) and working with the Value Stream Manager (VSM) or Specialist, determines any immediate process engineering actions needed to address daily performance problems.
* Completes production and energy audits to observe process variation and look for opportunities to reduce waste. Maintains a focus on “Critical to Cost” (CTC) and looks for opportunities to optimize processes.
* Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends of Performance, Defects, and Downtime data.
* Identifies and develops process and equipment needed to produce specific products.
* Researches and develops methods to increase productivity, decrease costs, and maintain quality and consistency in current and new products.
* Design testing methods, test finished-products and processes, coordinate data collection, results analysis, establish standards, and confirm manufacturing processes.
* Researches and analyzes basic and complex issues surrounding the production processes and systems. Provides support and input for the design and implementation of new manufacturing processes, equipment, and tools.
* Lead and facilitate strategic Process Engineering projects, Continuous Improvement Team (CI Team), item improvement meetings and communicate status of Strategic Projects to Management and the Value Stream.
* Helps define “Critical to Quality” (CTQ) and evaluates Mold Equipment issues, provides analysis and recommendations working with the Machine Shop and Mold Design.
* Promote the use of and develop A3 proposal, status and problem solving reports.
* Promote and Utilize Lean Six-Sigma tools in process improvement projects.
* Understand process capacity, capability, quality, and drive continuous improvement.
* Coordinate installation and commissioning of new production equipment, monitoring modifications and upgrades, and troubleshooting processes. Evaluates the effectiveness of these new installations and makes recommendations.
* Interface with other internal/corporate engineering disciplines (mechanical, mold design, electrical, etc.), forming specialists, QA, machine repair, maintenance, and mold shop to ensure a coordinated design and complete engineering deliverables.
* Maintain focus on long-term process improvement projects. Maintain balance between short-term value stream support and long-term process improvement projects
* Provides recommendations regarding machine maintenance or enhancements, to increase machine performance and reduce downtime.
* Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
* Reviews PM policy, Planned PM activities, and adherence to PM Procedures to develop recommendations to increase reliability.
* Evaluates changeover procedures and working with the Salary Specialists, Supervisors and Machine Repair, recommends improvements.
* Develops Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Work for Value Stream activities to insure process stability and consistency.
* Participates in Rapid Improvement events and provides Technical Assistance for LEAN activities within the value stream.
* Facilitates necessary meetings and represents the Value Stream Manager when needed.