Libbey, Inc is the leading producer of glass tableware products in the Western Hemisphere and one of the largest glass tableware manufacturers in the world. It designs and markets an extensive line of high-quality glass tableware, ceramic dinnerware, metal flatware, hollowware and serveware items to a broad group of customers in the foodservice, retail, and business-to-business markets in over 100 countries.
The overall objective of the Batch, Furnace, Lehr & Instrumentation (BFLI) Instrument Technician is to ensure the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the BFLI Department while championing process discipline and protecting our equipment. The Technician will be responsible for the management and execution of preventive/predictive programs and corrective solutions for instrument and electrical systems and equipment. This person will be expected to work as a team leader and make technical decisions and recommendations.
- Must be highly safety conscious
- Knowledge of computer operation and PLC programming are necessary
- Must be able to read and interpret process and instrumentation diagrams, electrical prints, and technical manuals
- Troubleshoots and repairs electronic/electrical equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, gas trains, power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment
- Install, start up and shut down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA & NFPA requirements
- Advises and directs operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic, mechanical equipment and components
- Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed
- Associates degree from an accredited college in Electrical or Instrumentation Engineering/Technology
- Knowledge of PC hardware and software
- Knowledge of repair and calibration of process control instrumentation and microprocessor base controls
- 1-2 years' experience in electronic circuitry repair or process instrumentation repair
- Proficiency in Root Cause Analysis and familiarity of LEAN concepts
- Proven understanding of regulatory and industrial standards and codes
**Physical Demands and Work Environment**
* Subject to Hot, Cold, Dusty environments.
* Respirator Fit & Pulmonary Function Test required.
* Safety Glasses & Hearing protection required.
* Ability to work at heights on ladders and elevated platforms, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work in a hot environment.
Apply to Libbey (Electrical Instrumentation Specialist)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.