Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online marketplace connecting borrowers and investors. Our mission is to transform the banking system to make credit more affordable and investing more rewarding and help people achieve their financial goals. We operate at a lower cost than traditional banks and pass the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates and to investors in the form of attractive risk adjusted returns.
We’re looking for an intellectually curious self-starter who is excited to learn new things and enjoys taking on new challenges. This role is a unique combination of finance and accounting that will require close collaboration with individuals across the Finance organization.
* Run the discounted cash flow models for the estimation of fair value of loans, securities issued, loan servicing assets/liabilities and other instruments.
* Assist in the maintenance and implementation of recurring updates to our valuation models, and ensure any changes are analyzed and documented.
* Prepare journal entries to record the monthly activity produced from the fair value models as well as other revenue streams.
* Balance and reconcile supporting schedules to the general ledger.
* Perform monthly fluctuation analysis over key accounts.
* Assist with SEC reporting footnote preparation and respond to audit requests.
**About You (Requirements)**
* You have a positive attitude and willingness to learn
* You are self-motivated, analytical and a strong problem solver
* You have earned a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Accounting, or similar discipline within a quantitative field or equivalent training
* You have 1-3 years of applied experience, preferably in the financial services industry, with general knowledge of accounting and reporting of financial instruments
**Nice to Have (Desired Skills)**
* CPA license or currently pursuing a CPA license
* Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.