Lenda is a first-of-its-kind platform that allows homeowners to complete their home loan online from start to finish. As a direct lender, we’re able to streamline the application time and process, while also passing the savings onto customers. At Lenda we close loans three times as fast as the industry average. Lenda is on a mission to create a simple, radically transparent home loan experience for consumers.
You will work in our beautiful San Francisco office and utilize your mortgage experience within a fast growing technology company. This position is ideal for someone who knows the old way of doings things in our industry is broken and wants to contribute to change.
Our team is energetic, fun, entrepreneurial and creative. We work really hard and we have a lot of fun, too! Working with our Operations Team, you will be responsible for managing a pipeline of loans which need underwriting to ensure they close in a timely manner. You may coordinate with the borrower and outside vendors to ensure a excellent borrower experience while maintaining the highest quality standards. This position is full time with a highly competitive salary, stock options, bonus, commuter benefits, and more.
* Underwrite conforming and jumbo loans to investor and regulatory guidelines: review and sign-off on application, credit, income, assets, & appraisal within product and borrower eligibility;
* Provide guidance to establish and enforce company credit policies and lending guidelines;
* Analyze loan files for accuracy and fraud; create conditions and clear them in a timely manner;
* Oversee correctness of data in proprietary Loan Origination Software and Investor portals;
* Support other areas of mortgage operations to fill gaps, specifically on processing, closing, and pipeline management;
* Continuously improve our policies, procedures, and documentation with data-driven analysis and improvements;
* Serve as a subject matter expert to inform our product and engineering teams by making suggestions, answering questions, helping build requirement documentation, and lead learning sessions on various industry topics;
* Communicate business requirements and suggestions to our software engineering team to improve automation and workflow while helping realize improvement through implementation, quality assurance, and launch;
* Test new product features as they are developed in-house, capturing issues/feedback; working with engineering team to resolve and release
* 5+ years experience underwriting conventional agency, government and jumbo products;
* Proven track-record with manual jumbo underwrites;
* Expert with DO/DU/LP automated underwriting systems;
* Data-driven, structured, analytical mindset;
* Clear, confident, organized communicator;
* Not afraid of rolling up your sleeves and helping execute outside of your day-to-day responsibilities;
* Excited by and filled with ideas to improve, build, and automate the underwriting process.