Lenda is a first-of-its-kind platform that allows homeowners to complete their home loan online from start to finish. As a direct lender, we’re able to streamline the application time and process, while also passing the savings onto customers. At Lenda we close loans three times as fast as the industry average. Lenda is on a mission to create a simple, radically transparent home loan experience for consumers.
This is a chance to work in the heart of San Francisco’s tech district utilizing your mortgage experience within a fast growing technology company. This position is ideal for the processor who knows that the old way of doings things in our industry is broken and wants to contribute to change.
Our team is energetic, fun, entrepreneurial and creative. We work really hard and we have a lot of fun too! The Mortgage Processor will be responsible for processing and managing a loan pipeline, communicating and coordinating with the borrower, the loan officer and outside vendors to ensure a excellent borrower experience while maintaining the highest quality standards. This position is full time with a competitive salary, stock options, bonus, commuter benefits and more.
* Perform thorough analysis of new loan applications including reviewing of applicant's income and expense data, self-employment documentation, credit reports, and property valuations in order to affirm borrower qualifies for loan
* Ensure that all required forms and/or documentation have been provided by the borrower.
* Evaluate credit worthiness, analyze all areas of the mortgage loan application; including credit, income, assets, collateral, and compliance documents to ensure loan meets company, investor, regulatory guidelines and underwriting conditions
* Work closely with Loan Officers, borrowers, title companies, and third party vendors.
* Knowledge of DU, LP and mortgage origination software and tools.
* 1+ years of experience processing (or underwriting) FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and Jumbo mortgages
* Knowledge of agency conventional underwriting product guidelines
* Familiarity with Desktop Underwriter (DU) & Loan Prospector (LP)
* Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
* Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
* Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous, start-up environment