LegalZoom is the nation's most recognized name in law, the alternative to the traditional law firm. The leading provider of online legal document services and legal plans to families and small businesses, LegalZoom offers high quality, affordable legal services, marrying cutting-edge technology with access to experienced attorneys.
Primary responsibilities for this role would involve heavily around Database Administration, and also maintenance of other data platforms such as ETL (Informatica, SSIS) and BI/Reporting (Tableau, SSRS). LZ’s primary database platform is MSSQL, but there is a need to support DB platforms such as Oracle, Cassandra, MongoDB and MySQL. This role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
* Owning, tracking and resolving data platform (databases, reporting and ETL systems) related incidents and requests
* Fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs,
* Reviewing service related reports (eg: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service issues are identified/resolved within established SLAs
* Responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
* 3+ years of solid experience in MS SQL Server 2008, 2012 and 2014 Administration
* Knowledge of ORACLE, Cassandra, MySQL, MongoDB desirable
* Willing to learn and be trained on Informatica and/or Tableau configuration and administration
* Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
* Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
* Experience with SSIS, SSRS, backups, restores and recovery models.
* Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
* Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
* Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
* Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
* Good communication and documentation skills.
* Knowledge of Datawarehousing, ETL and Business Intelligence concepts
* Ability to be part of a 24x7 on-call rotation for after hour and weekend production support.
* Open to learn/embrace new technologies
* Experience with supporting e-commerce based systems
* Minimum travel involved
* Certification is a plus; MCTS, MCITP, MVP
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.