Learning A-Z is an education technology publisher dedicated to expanding literacy through thoughtfully designed resources. Learning A-Z's websites and apps deliver leveled books, worksheets, activities, and interactive classroom resources designed to meet the needs of every Pre K-6 student. We provide teachers with the materials needed to differentiate instruction and improve student learning.
Responsible for designing interactive experiences for web, mobile, and game services for multiple forms of interactive entertainment in addition to working closely with the technical team, editors, and other leaders to incubate, develop and release world class entertainment experiences.
Perform web design and development across the software development phases including requirements, architecture, design, development, administration and enhancement for internal and customer facing products and services. Incorporate usability testing and classroom observations into the project life cycle.
**Essential Job Functions**
* Conceive and develop highly intuitive and well-crafted user experiences
* Responsible for contributing to the vision and driving collaboration between the technical, business and editorial teams from product inception through to implementation
* Develop feature UX design briefs, logic flows and screen wireframes
* A magic touch for the feel of experience through controls and user feedback
* Able to author clear, concise and complete documentation including diagrams and visual content
* Effective at problem solving skills, group brainstorming and problem solving / iterative design
* Able to work effectively in a team of designers, artists and engineers
* Able to communicate target quality and feature behavior
* Experience handling the most complex, technology constrained or iteration sensitive game systems
* Understanding of the theory of contemporary game design concepts and patterns
* Hands on experience tuning gameplay, or economies and pacing
* Attends software reviews and supports production and marketing as subject matter expert and design advocate for their game areas
* Experience participating and contributing to the design vision for a product or features is a strong plus
* Experience leading the design effort on a feature team or small project is a strong plus
**Additional Job Functions**
* May be called upon to manage projects, personnel and prioritze work with production, technologists and the art team.
**Required Skills and Abilities**
* Bachelor's degree in Graphic Arts and Design (or relevant experience)
* Design work on at least 3 different products (apps, video games, social, or location based services)
* Experience creating and delivering online experiences (web, mobile, or PC based)
* At least one product with significant online functionality
* Minimum 5+ years of UX design and production experience
**Preferred Skills and Abilities**
* An understanding of mobile application design, user interaction standards and best practices
* Experience with designing online services
Apply to Learning A-Z (Senior User Experience Developer)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.