Kum & Go is one of the largest privately-held, company-operated convenience store chains in the United States, and is headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa. With approximately 440 stores across 11 states throughout the Midwest, we are distinguished from our competitors by our excellence in customer service. Our entrepreneurial company is taking progressive steps to increase how the brand is leveraged to support our tremendous growth.
Kum & Go is currently seeking Sales Managers to work alongside our General Managers and other associates to meet and exceed customer expectations and assist with day-to-day store operations during the General Manager’s absence. As a Sales Manager, you will receive high quality training and potential for future career opportunities.
* Proficiently execute job responsibilities within the following areas: associate orientation, customer orientation and food presentation/concept execution (ie: daily books, completing CGO counts, completing daily checklist, training associates, following food concept program guidelines).
* Assess store condition and customer service levels and correct issues with limited direction.
* Assist in managing controllable cost.
* Assist in recruiting, training and developing the best associates to drive a high performance team.
* Motivate and engage the store team to execute store goals.
* Demonstrate an ability to support a positive work environment.
* Promote the Kum & Go vision and values internally and externally.
* Exhibits professionalism in appearance, conduct and judgment.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Two years of customer service management experience preferred.
**Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required:**
* Basic computer skills
* Ability to understand financial and operational data
* Strong interpersonal skills including ability to adapt to change
* Ability to multi-task while maintaining high detail orientation
* Strong drive for success
* Broad availability to include nights, weekends and holidays
* Professional and approachable appearance
* Ability to demonstrate core values; Teamwork, Excellence, Integrity, Caring, Passion
**Kum & Go Leadership Competencies:**
* Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others
* Conceptual Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions
* Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same
* Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers
* Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner
* Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems
* Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance
* Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influence others
* Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions
* Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.