Kiva (kiva.org) is a mission-driven technology company. We run a global marketplace platform for crowd-funded micro-loans that serves the impoverished and financially excluded. Our company combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to address poverty at global scale. We aim to drive social impact and enable opportunity while providing a borrower-to-lender connection: “Loans that change lives.”
We’re searching for an empathetic, aware, communicative, and thoughtful person to join our Technical Operations team as our Site Reliability Engineer (Read DevOps).
The Technical Operations team architects, builds, and manages the systems on which Kiva runs, and is looking for a new member. In this position, you will share responsibility for maintaining the uptime and dependability that help us improve the lives of people around the world. You will also enable the greater engineering team to be more agile and responsive with tools for quicker iteration and testing using the latest and greatest technologies.
**Required Skills and Experience:**
* Empathy, awareness, and thoughtfulness.
* 5+ years working with Linux systems in a production environment.
* History designing and managing systems in Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, etc.)
* Proficiency in at least one scripting or programming language.
* Designing, implementing and managing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
* Experience designing secure, redundant TCP/IP networks.
* Skilled at managing and monitoring MySQL systems.
* Deep knowledge of, experience with, and commitment to, security on all levels.
* A passion for documentation both for team use and for end-users; you should be able to create clear, concise, complete documentation. Strong English language skills are required.
**Preferred Additional Skills and Experience:**
* A sense of humor.
* Container related technologies like Docker.
* Network monitoring expertise; collecting data from systems, creating appropriate alert criteria, and using both open source and proprietary tools for measuring, monitoring, and improving system performance.
* Experience with Cisco hardware/networking.
* Puppet and other automation and orchestration tools.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.