We’ve been there for you in the past, providing health care for more than 60 years. We’re here for you today and in days to come, with our ongoing commitment to quality. And we share this tradition and commitment by reaching out to your community, and promoting health and wellness for all.
Receives and services telephone and walk-in inquiries. Maintains patient/guarantor and insurance information on systems. Acts as representative for organization. Researches and resolves account inquiries. Maintains current knowledge of Kaiser health plan benefits and policies, and government programs and commercial insurances billing requirements.
* Receives and responds to inquiries from patients, insurance carriers, employers, staff and external agencies. Obtains and documents necessary information. Answers questions and resolves billing issues.
* Greets, assists, and responds to customers. Utilizes telephone equipment and/or tools to ensure adequate handling of phone calls. Ensures adequate phone coverage to support volume of incoming telephone calls.
* Receives and receipts payments received for receivables and forwards to data entry to prepare bank deposit and cash jacket.
* Gathers and enters pertinent account information. Completes account reconciliation, correct billings and/or payment allocations. Documents accurate and complete account notes in tracking system for all account activity.
* Researches documents and all other available sources to determine validity of refunds, adjustment or writeoffs. Prepares refunds, adjustment and write-off requests. Submits request to data entry to process.
* Manages credit balance report and insures credits allocations and refunds are resolved within standards.
* Tracks and validates co-pay maximum requests. Coordinates with claims as necessary and issues co-pay max cards and reports.
* Maintains open communication with patients, insurance carriers, external agencies, and staff to assure proper and adequate exchange/interpretation of data and information.
* Performs other duties and accepts responsibility as assigned.
* Two (2) years customer service experience.
* One (1) year medical billing and collections experience.
* Associate's degree in English, business or related field, or two (2) years directly related experience.
* Additional Requirements:
* Type 40 wpm.
* 10-key by touch.
* Demonstrated ability to motivate debtors to pay.
* Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, conflict resolution, customer service, interpersonal relations, multi-task oriented, oral communication, problem solving, teamwork, and written communication.
* Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, spreadsheet, and database PC applications.
* Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone.
* Reading, writing, speaking, understanding English.
* Training/giving and receiving instructions.
* Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g. organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration and alertness.
* Customer service experience in healthcare.
* Medicare/Medicaid/HMO billing and collections experience.
* Experience utilizing automated call distribution or multi-line phone system.
* Bachelor's degree in English, business or related field.
* Familiarity with professional and hospital billing.
* Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC) by the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC).
Apply to Kaiser Permanente (Customer Relations Representative)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.