The eBusiness group at John Muir Health is a dynamic, well-organized team that is passionate about creating innovative web and mobile products that will revolutionize healthcare delivery. In just the past three years, we’ve created a new team, launched a patient
portal, a mobile app, a physician portal, and are building innovative applications while fully committed to Agile philosophies that will raise the bar on how healthcare is delivered.
Pharmacy technicians assist pharmacists in preparing and distributing medications, maintaining the drug inventory, and maintaining patient records. Technician II must demonstrate competency (or have demonstrated competency in the past) in the essential technician functions which include inpatient, IV admixture, Pyxis, inventory, anesthesia trays, and bar coding. Technicians are required to rotate into all areas of pharmacy upon completion of appropriate training. Technician II may progress to a specialty area such as pricing or secretary as long as competency is maintained in three of the essential pharmacy technician functions. In addition Technician II participates in training. Pharmacy technicians work only under the supervision of a registered pharmacist. They do not perform duties that can legally be performed only by a registered pharmacist. Technicians interact with patients, family, and other health care providers as appropriate and under strict accordance with standard, written procedures and guidelines.
* High school diploma or equivalent. Courses in mathematics, typing and general science preferred. Two years of college is preferred, but not required. Graduate of an approved inpatient Certified Pharmacy Technician training program is highly preferred..
* Current technician registration with the California State Board of Pharmacy.
* Current Active certification with the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB); or eligible for certification with completion within 6 months of hire.
* In good standing (no disciplinary actions).
* Two years hospital inpatient pharmacy technician experience or two years as a health system pharmacy technician with unit dose and IV admixture preparation experience.
* Rotating shifts; including days, evenings, weekends, graveyard (3rd shift), and holidays.
Apply to John Muir Health (Pharmacy Tech - Transitional Care)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.