Jabil is a provider of electronics manufacturing services. Jabil designs and manufactures electronic circuit boards for major OEMs in a diverse group of industries including automotive, computing and storage, consumer products, medical, networking, peripherals and telecommunications.
The Lead Engineer will be able to technically lead the entire cross functional design team on their interactions and responsibilities for a project. This role is responsible for insuring the phase gate technical milestones are met and for making sure the the specification requirements inputs and deisgn outputs align. This role is the leader of technical reviews and must demonstrate experience at releasing product into a production environment.
* Meet the requirements of Sr. Engineer.
* Considered a SME (Subject Matter Expert) in field of competency.
* Represents Jabil Engineering Services in technical customer discussions / meetings.
* Works with Project Manager Engineering Services in the quoting process.
* Provides technical input to help identify and solve project risks that may affect overall project plans and schedules.
* Is expected to support the development and utilization of processes for design/VAVE.
* At the appropriate process phase gates, drive the delivery of a complete design package to be entered into our PDM system consisting of requirements and design documentation, databases, BOM’s, etc./ drive the delivery of a complete VAVE analysis to be delivered to the customer consisting of detailed proposals, cost impacts, risk levels, pros/cons, models, etc…
* Lead all elements of design/VAVE engineering including design reviews, design verification requirement & Spec developments, implementation, supply chain & supplier feedback, requirements for implementation, transfer to design and manufacturing team.
* Mentors Sr. Engineers and below
* Provides onsite technical support for all manufacturing builds including engineering prototypes, NPI & production releases.
* Stays abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
* Supports management in identifying internal and external resources to support product development/analysis
* May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
* Minimum of 8+ years of related experience and/or training
* Minimum of 2 years experience as a Sr. Engineer
* Specific requirements as defined by the market sector
* or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.